That was just at my table.
The actual public talks were Joe Botha on the Open Spectrum Alliance, Matthew Buckland on 20FourLabs, Media 24′s reaction to their space shuttle codebase, John-Luke Hutchinson on Real relationships amongst the Noise, and Could Twitter be a ‘Decision Network’, and myself in a talk entitled Placebos, Nocebos, Quackery and Big Pharma.
The Slideshow Karaoke was performed by Elodie Kleynhans, some batteries, and a few Jägermeisters. She said it would have been more fun if she’d got a topic where she could read most of the words. I’m not sure…
Some good talks, and lots of fun. The next one will be in September.
Thanks to all the volunteer organisers and Delheim for helping make my talk funnier than it was supposed to be.
You can read more posts on the Geek Dinners at Planet Geek Dinner.
- Majestic Mandarin and Banking Anarchy
- Genetically-modified foods at the Geek Dinner
- Garullous Grape at Greens
- Frugal Fennel at Sloppy Sams
- *Camp debauchery
- Small things and Dangerous Drumsticks
- Hot and Sweaty 27-8 dinner
- July 2007 Geek Dinner
- Cape Town May 2007 Geek Dinner
- March Geek Dinner